Freedom Of Information - Publication Scheme
The Freedom of Information Act 2000 obliges the practice to produce a Publication Scheme. A Publication Scheme is a guide to the ‘classes’ of information the practice intends to routinely make available. This scheme is available from reception.
We strongly support the NHS policy on zero tolerance. Anyone attending the surgery who abuses the GPs, staff or other patients be it verbally, physically or in any threatening manner whatsoever, will risk removal from the practice list. In extreme cases we may summon the police to remove offenders from the practice premises.
Rights and Responsibilities of Patients
As a patient of this practice you have the right:
- to be treated with courtesy and respect by all staff.
- to be given an explanation if you are not seen within 20 minutes of your appointment time.
- Any complaints will be dealt with professionally.
- All staff will maintain confidentiality at all times when dealing with patients.
You also have the responsibility
- to take care of your own health
- not to abuse the service
- to treat doctors and staff with courtesy and respect
If you are unable to keep your appointment give the medical centre sufficient notice so your appointment can be offered to another patient.